Style Icon Saturday: Ivania Carpio

A few months ago, I came across the Instagram account of Ivania Carpio, blogger for Love Aesthetics. Her almost all white wardrobe immediately captured my attention and drew me into her style. As I read further into her blog, I found extraordinarily unique DIY's that mixed leather with metal -- two materials many people stray away from due to the complexity in working with the material. You can check them out here.




Ivania's monochromatic and minimalistic style is fantastic, and her fashion aesthetics are perfect. Here are some of my favorite looks...






"White has less connotation than other colors.
When seeing red for example, automatically all cliches come to mind; red hearts, Santa Claus, the devil, tacky tight dresses, coca cola, valentines day... I don't get this with white. White evokes more of a feeling; fresh, clean, pure, empty but mostly a feeling of 'there are possibilities'. And because so little concrete images to mind when seeing white, I can project my own personality and mood onto it." - Ivania Carpio



Photos and quote courtesy of LOVE AESTHETICS


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

/BA + JP

 

Where we're comin' from...

What IS this?

Le petit cinq point is the crossroads between two design student's merging paths. North meets south, minimal meets eclectic, communication meets design. This is where ideas meet and merge. Where our collaboration comes to rest. Where we share our inspiration collective. This is Betsy. This is Jasmin. This is our petit cinq point.